Our organization is currently implementing “The implementation of principles of Open Government in engaging citizens in decision-making processes in Moldova” project, in partnership with e-Government Center Moldova and e-Government Academy Estonia. The project aims at, based on studies and analysis of existing local practices-cases and Estonian experience and expertise, delivering a practical guidebook on open government and citizen-engagement and supporting creation of local competencies to use this manual actively (via training, demo-workshops). The guidebook is mainly directed at Central Public Authorities representatives and aims at providing a step by step methodological guidance on how to implement the principles of open government in the everyday work of central public authorities. The manual also comes to provide tips on the implementation of already existing legislative acts among which “Laws on access to information”, “Law on transparency in the decision-making processes”, others.
The project objectives are clearly connected to the aims and goals mentioned in following strategic documents Moldova has adopted throughout the past years:
- OGP Action Plan for Moldova http://www.opengovpartnership.org/second-action-plan-moldova-2014;
- Action Plan for the Strategic Program for Technological Modernization of Governance (e-Transformation) implementation (20.09.2011);
- Open Government Action Plan for the Republic of Moldova (26 December 2014);
- Digital Moldova 2020, 19.09.2013
- Self-Assessment Report- http://www.opengovpartnership.org/country/moldova/assessment
- Independent Reporting Mechanism IRM raport.
The implementation period of the Project is 01.06.2014 – 30.07.2015. The project is financed by Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Development co-Operation.